Have you ever wanted to sew, alter, and pattern-make your own garments and or design project but not sure where to start? Amelia Agosta offers private one-on-one or group sewing classes to students and adults within the Geelong and Surf Coast region.
Amelia studied a Bachelor of Fashion & Design at RMIT University. Her passion and skillset have seen her work for reputable labels across Australia and the UK. Whilst working for Central Saint Martins University in London and the London College of Arts, Amelia assisted students with their folios, patternmaking and sewing garments. This is where her passion for teaching developed. Today she loves sharing her skills and knowledge with those that are passionate and eager to learn the fundamentals of design and sewing.
Single Private classes
• Learn the fundamentals of pattern making, cutting and sewing techniques tailored to your ability.
• Learn different finishing techniques and construction methods i.e. zips and pockets.
• Tutoring and guidance of design research and development for school and university Portfolio’s.
• Develop a great understanding of how to create various types of clothing.
• Design your own garment/project and work towards the finished product.
• Learn how to pattern-make and cut the design/project in order to prepare for sewing.
• Learn how to sew, construct and finish off the design/project ready to wear or use.
• Option to use Industrial or Domestic sewing machine and over locker.
When: Flexible Scheduling: we can select a time that suits you.
Where: Option of being held at your home, or within Amelia’s studio in Fairhaven.
What’s supplied: Paper, sewing tools and calico for all tasks. If you want to make your own garment/project using a specific fabric, this is to be supplied by you.
Private classes can be run from her Fairhaven studio or she can come to your home, availability can vary so please get in touch for more information or to book.
When: Please contact for timetable of workshop options and classes on offer.
Where: Amelia’s studio in Fairhaven. (or if you would like to hold a workshop party at your house)
What’s supplied: Paper, sewing tools and calico/selected fabrics & trims for all tasks. If you want to make your own garment/project using a specific fabric, this is to be supplied by you.
Cost: Please contact within regarding different costs for different workshops and classes on offer.
Make an enquiry